Siloam hosts three events each year and each one gives us a unique opportunity to highlight a different aspect of our mission. Join us in Nashville and experience our work first-hand.
Siloam Health Virtual Event
Where do Nashville’s vulnerable from all nations find care in a pandemic?
Join us this December to learn about the vital role Siloam Health has played during COVID-19, and how you can help us meet the challenges ahead. At this virtual fundraising event, you’ll hear from those impacted by our work and engage directly with Siloam staff members. This is a great opportunity to get to know Siloam and join in financially supporting our mission to share the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care.
For nearly 30 years, Siloam health has had a front-row seat to the amazing contributions that immigrants and refugees bring to our city. Now entering its fourth year, Amplify Nashville highlights some of these extraordinary individuals and the entrepreneurial innovation, cultural diversity, and vibrant spirit they bring to their adopted home. We hope you’ll join us on Wednesday, April 8 at OZ Arts Nashville to celebrate the immigrants who help our city flourish.
To learn more about Amplify Nashville and our past honorees, please visit www.AmplifyNashville.net. If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact Chief Development Officer, Katie Richards at email@example.com.
Do you know an immigrant who should be honored at Amplify Nashville? Nominate them by filling out the form below.
Amplify Honoree Nomination Form
Guidelines for Nomination: The purpose of Amplify Nashville is to celebrate immigrants and refugees who have made a significant impact in our city. We know that every Nashvillian born outside of the United States has a unique and powerful story, but for the purposes of this event, please focus on an individual’s contribution to Nashville. We are looking for those who have made and continue to make our city a better place through their investment in Nashville.
Past Amplify Nashville honorees include:
- Kasar Abdulla, for her role in establishing the Welcoming Tennessee Initative, which was honored by President Obama, and for her work as the Director of Community Outreach at Valor Collegiate Academies.
- Jose-Luis Ayala, for creating economic opportunity for immigrants through his role as the co-founder and president of Las Palmas Mexican Restaurante.
- Fabian Bedne, for his service as Nashville’s first Latino Metro Council member.
- Mohamed-Shukri Hassan, for his entrepreneurial support and guidance within Nashville’s international community.
- Jen-Jen Lin, for her work as founder of the Chinese Arts Alliance of Nashville.
- Cano & Esen Ozgener, for their contribution to Nashville’s economy as the founders of CAO International and to the city’s cultural landscape as the founders of OZ Arts Nashville.
- Renata Soto, for her service as the co-founder and former Executive Director of Conexión Américas.
- Getahn Ward, for his work as an award-winning journalist, professor, and community activist.
Bridge Builder honorees: Along with our exceptional immigrant honorees, Amplify Nashville also honors one U.S.-born individual or entity who has helped our city take great strides in support of immigrants and refugees. These Bridge Builders often stand in the gap, empowering immigrants and native Nashvillians to work alongside one another to build a better Nashville for all who call our city home. Bridge Builder honorees can be individuals, corporations, or entities.
Past Bridge Builder honorees include:
- Belmont University for their commitment to education and employment opportunities for immigrants and refugees.
- Dr. Michael Spalding for his work creating scholarships for DREAMers through Equal Chance for Education.
- Former Mayor Karl Dean for establishing the Mayor’s Office of New Americans during his time as Nashville’s mayor.
Siloam Health Dodgeball Tournament
Organized by the Siloam Health Next Generation Board, this epic ’90s-themed dodgeball competition is an awesome opportunity to engage your community for a great cause and a great time. Hosted in late September at TailGate Beer on Charlotte Pike, the Siloam Health Dodgeball Tournament is fun for friends, families, and all ages. Strap on your fanny pack, lace up your Air Jordans, and join us for this totally fly event! To learn more, visit www.SiloamDodgeball.com.